The call for applications will be opened September 1st, 2019
Get your photo series ready right now...
PREPARE YOUR SERIES OF 5 A 15 PICTURES
Rendez-vous • Image puts the accent on authors work.
The theme being free the art director will pay a big attention on the coherence of the presented work.
Every domain of the photography should be represented at RDV•I.
So present your best series, they will be judged with a critical but friendly eye.
ART DIRECTOR: Véronique DE VIGUERIE
The art director of Rendez-vous • Image choses the authors / works which will be exhibited. This white card to a single person gives a pronounced exhibition. The result of the process of choice is thus completely accepted.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Opening of the call for entries: September 1, 2019
Deadline for online registration: November 30, 2019
Publication of the list of selected works: December 12, 2019
Exhibition in Strasbourg - France: January 24-26, 2020
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The registration fees are 35 € per series. If you are selected the exhibition fees are 140 € for one display stand and 280 € for two display stands. Dimension of a display stand: 1 m x 4 m.
FEES FOR FREE.
If you mentor 3 authors who have not yet participated in Rendez-vous • Image, the registration fee will be offered to you.
(Indicate the email address of your 3 godchildren when you register. The godchildren must indicate your email).
YOU ARE UNDER 25?
A special price "Young photographer" was created for you.
Rendez-vous • Image aims to be accessible to the young photographesr with lower fees.
Registration fees are reduced to 18 € to present a series.
In case of selection the exhibition fees are also reduced to 70 € per display stand.
A prize-winner will be defined.
A 400 € endowment for photo works will be attributed to him.
The authors can submit multiple series.
BE WELL PREPARED
The registration is done on-line. Prepare the elements below before beginning. Do not hesitate to prepare your texts in word to copy-paste them in the on-line form.
PREPARE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- Email, name, first name...
- Addresse, phone, internet, statut...
- Short CV : route, approach, experiences... (max 100 words / 700 characters) in english and in french
PREPARE THE PICTURES OF YOUR SERIES
- Number : minimum 5 pictures, maximum 15 pictures.
- Format : 3000 px the biggest side, RGB, jpg.
- Size : maximum 5 Mo per picture.
PREPARE THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SERIES
- Title of the series, typ of work : argentic or digital
- Description of the series (max 100 words / 700 characters) in english and in french
SETTLE THE REGISTRATION FEES
- Registrations fees : 35 euros per submitted series
- Exhibition fees : 140 per display stand (only for the selected authors). Dimension of a display stand: 1 m * 4 m.
Who can participate?
- Rendez-vous • Image is open to all photographers, without consideration of country.
- No theme is imposed. It is a general theme exhibition.
- The closing date is set to November 30th, 2019.
- Registering will be only possible on-line www.rdvi.fr/en/ à Participate
- To register, the photographers will propose their works in a homogeneous series with 5 to 15 digital pictures (no paper print).
- The digital pictures must be supplied in the following definition: 3000 px for the big side, RVB, jpg, maximum 5 Mb (to be included in the catalog).
- The pictures must stay anonymous, no signature or logo on it.
- This series will be the base of evaluation of the jury and the presentation in whole or in part, according to the size of the pictures planned by the author.
- A series already shown in the exhibition cannot be presented a second time.
- The registration fees are 35 € per series and the exhibition fees are 140 € for one display stand and 280 € for two display stands (only in case of selection)
- The fees can be paid by credit card, PayPal or French check.
- The pictures will be judged only after reception of the registration fees.
- The pictures will be exhibited only after reception of the exhibition fees.
- The art director will choose the authors who will be exposed. Its decisions will be without appeal.
- The art director will define three awards.
- An additional award will be chosen by a jury of professionals.
- During the exhibition, the visitors will define the “Public Award”.
- The pictures copyright stays with the authors.
- The reproduction of pictures is authorized for the catalog and for the promotion of the RDV•I exhibition, including on Internet, unless otherwise notified in writing. The author gives up any request of rights concerning the presentation and the reproduction of these pictures.
- The author must have all the necessary authorizations for the exhibition of his pictures.
Palais des Congrès de Strasbourg
Place de Bordeaux
67082 Strasbourg Cedex – France
- Dates: from Friday 24th to Sunday 26th January 2020 (details on www.rdvi.fr/en)
- Time: Friday 6 pm - 9 pm / Saturday 10 am - 21 pm / Sunday 10 am - 7 pm
- A catalog will be published for the exhibition and an electronic version can be seen online.
- During the exhibition, the pictures will be presented horizontally on white display stands see example on www.rdvi.fr/en
- Dimensions : 1 m x 4 m
- Two possible heights: ~60 cm / ~90 cm. (choice to be made by the authors)
- A maximum of 2 display stands can be requested per series
Sending the pictures
Production of the pictures
- If the author cannot be onsite for the mounting, the pictures should be sent to the organizer before January 10th, 2020.
- All the mail expenses must be taken into account by the authors.
- For the exhibition, the photographers will produce their images in the size and on the medium of their choice. However it is strongly advised of to stick the images on a stiff medium (for example on Dibond) to insure the flatness of the images and the quality of exhibition.
- The exposed photos will be pulled of the series presented to the judge. It is not mandatory to expose all the images of the series.
- The organizers will take the biggest care of the works but decline any responsibility in case of deterioration, loss or theft. The author agrees to take at his expense these risks. He gives up accordingly any recourse to RDV•I based on such events.
- The author read the whole regulation which he accepts and makes the commitment to respect.
- The participation in the contest implies the complete acceptance of the rules. The not planned cases are the only competence of the organizers.
The awards (Grantings of the value of)
1st Prize: 700 €
2nd Prize: 500 €
3rd Prize: 300 €
Professionals Prize: 200 €
Young photographer Prize: 400 €
The endowments are constituted by works photos, of donations in equipments and cash according to the sponsors involved in the festival.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO SERIES
Register to obtain a security code.
I received a security code by mail and I can submit a series of pictures.
Settle the registration fees.